Aussie Boat Loans
When you’re looking for the best in Aussie boat loans, you need to know where to look. With a wide range of Aussie boat loans, Boat Loan World is the place to find, compare and apply for the best boat loan for you.
Unsure what you need from your boat loan? At Boat Loan World, we make it easy to compare Aussie boat loans, side by side. You can clearly see how much each boat loan charges in fees and interest, and what features are on offer.
Simply work out how much you need to borrow, and find a boat loan that suits your budget. It’s that easy. Still unsure about boat loans and boat loan comparison? Let’s see if we can clear things up for you.
Pros and Cons of Boat Loans
Before you apply for a boat loan, it’s a good idea to weigh up your options. Is boat finance for you? Are there any alternatives to Aussie boat loans? To find out, let’s weigh up the pros and cons of Aussie boat loans to see if applying for boat finance is your best option.
- Access to credit: This is the most obvious benefit of Aussie boat loans. Providing you access to credit, a boat loan lets you buy a boat when you don’t have the money to pay for it upfront. With some boats running into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, it only makes sense that some form of finance would help to cover that purchase.
- Competitive interest rates: Like any type of loan, there are plenty of boat loan options out there. That means lenders offering Aussie boat loans have to be competitive. Using Boat Loan World, you can compare interest rates on a number of Aussie boat loans, to find the best deal for you.
- Specialised boat loans: While some boat buyers opt for a general unsecured personal loan to fund their boat purchase, there are specialised boat loans available as well. By securing your boat purchase to a boat loan, you could benefit from lower interest rates, and a cheaper loan overall.
- Fast application and approval: When you apply for a boat loan, the application process is usually fast and straightforward. While some boat loan applications may be more complex, you could enjoy fast application and approval on your boat loan, to get out on the water sooner than you think. Some lenders even provide automatic approvals under a certain limit.
- Boats are expensive. This means a large loan is required to cover the cost. Larger loans may take longer to pay off, which means paying more in interest overall. Use Boat Loan World to compare boat loans and find the loan that provides an affordable repayment schedule over the shortest period, with the lowest interest cost.
- Ongoing costs are not included: If you opt for a secured boat loan, it will only cover the upfront cost of buying a boat. Additional ongoing costs cannot be factored in. This means you need to be sure both loan repayments and ongoing costs are manageable.
Being Smart with Boat Loans
When it comes to loans of any kind, it pays to stay smart. If a boat loan seems too good to be true, it probably is. But, as long as you know what to look out for, you should be able to find the best loan for you.
Read the small print: This one may seem obvious, but there are plenty of people who skip over the small print when they apply for a boat loan. We get it. The small print is long and incredibly boring. But, it’s important. Before you apply for a boat loan, always read the small print. Ask the lender questions if you are unsure.
Find out more about the lender: There are unlicensed credit providers out there. While they may seem to offer a great deal, applying for a boat loan from an unlicensed credit provider is a mistake. If the lender seems unfamiliar, check on the ASIC website to make sure it is registered.
Don’t borrow more than you can afford: If you get into trouble with your loans, it can seem like the easy answer to borrow more. This can lead to a debt spiral that’s even more difficult to get out of. Know your limits and don’t take out a loan you can’t afford. If you’re in trouble, seek help.
Commercial or Private Boat Finance?
Aussie boat loans can come in many forms. There are boat loans designed to finance boat purchases for private use, as well as boat loans for commercial use.
Commercial boat loans are available to both companies and individuals. However, if you apply for commercial boat finance, the boat you purchase must be predominantly for commercial use. That means more than 50% business usage.
Large scale operations that require fishing boats and trawlers can obviously qualify for commercial boat loans, but smaller businesses may also apply. Diving schools, cruises, boat tours and fishing charters could all qualify for commercial boat loans.
Applying for commercial boat finance can hold many benefits. As long as you qualify, you could benefit from lower interest rates, and so, a cheaper boat loan. You may also opt for different types of loans, such as hire purchase, chattel mortgage or lease.
To find out if you could apply for a commercial boat loan, compare the options and read the terms and conditions. The loan provider should be able to provide more info on application requirements where needed.